Working closely with Sheffield City Council, we assist businesses and individuals to become “clean air compliant” by applying for financial assistance, supplying new compliant vehicles, and finding the best finance option available.
If you would like to find out more, or if you have already contacted Sheffield Council to confirm your eligibility, please contact us asap to start your CAZ journey.
How Can Anglo Scottish Help?
We are the “one-stop shop” for CAZ support.
Having previously worked with Bath and North East Somerset council with their introduction of the clean air zone, we’ve helped thousands of businesses and individuals to switch to compliant vehicles.
- Grant Application Assistance
- Vehicle Sourcing
- Vehicle Finance
Our team are all experts in their respective fields and it is their aim to make the process as easy as possible for you.
Contact our team on;
Telephone: 0191 410 4776
We are currently experiencing very high volumes of applications, and anticipate responding to your message within 15 business days.
All applications are being received via email or our website, and we would ask that you please remain patient and refrain from calling our team as they are unable to process incoming applications via telephone.
Need help? Call us on 0191 410 4776
Grant Application Assistance
We’re grant application specialists. We know what it takes to be successful in securing CAZ grants and we will guide, advise and support you throughout your journey.
Our specialist vehicle sourcing team takes away the inconvenience of searching for a new CAZ-compliant car or van, saving you time and money.
We provide vehicle finance solutions to individuals and businesses – whether it’s for a car, a van, or an HGV. As experts in the automotive finance sector, we’re committed to providing you with vehicle finance that works with your current financial situation.
Examples of Available Vehicles
We have a number of vehicles available from stock available immediately, or alternatively, we can source and order new vehicles from a wide range of manufacturers. If you are interested in any of the vehicles below, please do not hesitate to contact our CAZ team.
Testimonials from our Bath Clean Air Zone Customers
Available Financial Support
If your vehicle is non-compliant and you use it regularly in Sheffield’s Clean Air Zone, financial support will be available to help convert or replace your vehicle. You must operate a vehicle that is roadworthy and has a valid MOT certificate.
The financial assistance is based on a “first-come, come served” basis, so we recommend you apply as early as possible.
- if you operate a fleet of vehicles there will be a limit on the number of financial support packages you can apply for
- you can only apply for one financial support package per vehicle
- subsidy control regulations will need to be complied with, along with the legal terms from the government for the use of the funding
If you own a non-compliant vehicle registered with Sheffield City Council or Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council you could be eligible to apply.
About the Clean Air Zone
To improve air quality, some local authorities are introducing clean air zones. If your vehicle exceeds emission standards, you may have to pay a charge if you drive in a clean air zone
Class C Clean Air Zone
Sheffield City Council has introduced a Class C Clean Air Zone around the city. Vehicles that do not meet the below minimum standards will be required to pay to enter the clean air zones.
- Hackney carriages and private hire vehicles which are Euro 6 Diesel or Euro 4 Petrol
- light goods vehicles (LGVS) such as vans, campervans and pickup trucks, and minibuses which are Euro 6 Diesel or Euro 4 Petrol
- buses and coaches which are Euro 6 Diesel
- heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) which are Euro 6 Diesel
Vehicles that do not meet these standards will be charged:
- £10 per day for LGVs and taxis
- £50 per day for coaches, buses, and HGVs
Is Your Vehicle Compliant?
The easiest way to find out what Euro Standard your vehicle is to check the registration.
- Euro 6 diesel cars licensed as private hire vehicles, taxis, and vans (<1,305 kg): September 2015
- Euro 6 diesel vans (1,305 – 3,500 kg): September 2016
- Euro 4 petrol cars, taxis, and vans (<1,305 kg): January 2006
- Euro 4 petrol vans (1,305 – 3,500 kg): January 2007
- Euro VI diesel HGVs, buses, and coaches: January 2014 – however many coach manufacturers had exemptions so would have started Euro VI later
If your vehicle was first registered after the relevant date it is likely you will not receive a charge for driving in the Clean Air Zone, but we recommend that you check with the council to make sure.
Private hire vehicles
- a grant of up to £3,000 to help you upgrade to an electric or zero-emissions capable car (ZEC vehicles are plug-in hybrids that have additional limits on the emissions they produce.), paid in 2 instalments over a year. This will be paid only after you have bought a new vehicle
- a lump sum grant between £1,000 to £1,500 for upgrading to a compliant Euro 6 Diesel or hybrid vehicle
- a loan to cover the interest charge of replacing your vehicle with a compliant new or used vehicle
- loan to cover the cost of replacing your vehicle with a compliant new or used hackney carriage
- a grant up to £10,000 to support an upgrade to an electric or zero-emissions capable model, paid in 2 instalments over a year. Paid after you buy a new vehicle
- a lump sum grant up to £5,000 to upgrade to a compliant vehicle
- a retrofit grant up to £4,000 to upgrade your taxi to a compliant standard. Only available for CVRAS-accredited retrofits that meet Clean Air Zone standards
- a lump sum grant up to £4,000 in exchange for de-licensing a non-compliant hackney carriage. You can keep your taxi, but it cannot be licensed in Sheffield again
Vans (Light Goods Vehicles) and minibuses
- loan to cover the cost of a compliant replacement
- a grant of up to £3,500 to help you upgrade to an electric or zero-emissions capable vehicle, paid in 2 instalments over a year. This will only be paid after you buy a new vehicle
- a lump sum grant up to £1,000 payable for upgrading to a compliant standard vehicle
- a lump sum grant up to £16,000 to replace or retrofit a minibus over 3.5 tonnes. Replacements must be compliant with the zone. Retrofits must be CVRAS accredited